Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oh crap...you guys are warping my mind....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rjfguitar, Feb 25, 2005.

1. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

So Today I saw this Completely Chromed out Newer Ford SD on a huge lift with some retarded 22-24"? blingers on some low profile M/T's and the first thing I thought was "idiot." Don't get me wrong, I love powder coated and chromed HD diesels still that have normal 16-17" Rims of course, just not those bling bling Escalade playa' rims.

Not only that but the other day I had this crazy perverted idea of ripping out the carpet in my K5 because its wet in the back and all muddy on the driver side floor and then maybe even buying some cheaper rims and taking my 16.5x14" welds off and storing them for a future project(not because I don't like them anymore, because I don't want to scratch and ding them all up on the rocks.) and maybe get some sort of lightweight alum. offroad rim so I can climb some rocks....... Between you guys, fourwheeler TV, and 4x4 TV on the Outdoor channel I might do things to the K5 I thought I would never do, gut it. :D

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

my dad and i started bodywork on my truck, and i've changed my mind on alot of the buildup. rather than running huge tires with my 6" lift, i'm running 31 x 10.50s. anybody recomend a good stereo setup that will fit in a standard cab struck?:rotfl:

seriously, i'm not sure where my project is going at this point. i want to wheel, but i've got the go fast bug again. looking into maybe another Trans Am or a 2wd shortbox all gutted out and lightened up.

3. rjfguitar

I'm in the same boat, since I can't drive my K5 and "pimp" it on Friday and Saturday nights anymore the only thing left it to wheel it. I hate to tear it up after all the work I have put towards it to make it nice but since I haven't touched the interior and all the carpet needs to come out anyway....what the heck.. If I had the money I'd go fine a really clean 89-91 K5, lift and run my Weld 14's on it, billet everything, my current stereo in it, and make it into a really nice clean truck like I have/had planned on for this '85. But on the otherhand I hate just letting a capable truck to just continue to sit behind my shop and get started once a week and driven around the block once a month...

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

<evil laugh voice>

buwaahahahahaaa!!! :grin:

chop it, taper it, and beat the snot out of it on big rocks! w00t! :grin:

j

Last edited: Feb 26, 2005
  5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Whats this??? The rocks? You fought for sooooo long to prove your point ,and now ,,,your going completely against your whole argument,, all that time ,, all that arguing,, it will be all for NOTHING :grin: . You have alot of time into your arguments, thats all im sayin, but i agree, wheel the thing, its not like its not capable dude, i concurr, use the truck!!!! :grin:

6. rjfguitar

I don't plan on destroying anything. I'm not going to tackle upper hell but the hot tubs look cool. :D I still want a super clean eye catching K5 but at this time that isn't really an option because that costs money and I don't have much of that right now.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I have come tothe conclusion I will eventually buy another K5 all pretty .

My pretty truck shows signs of me wheeling it , and I can't see replacing rockers etc. Its going to be a camping truck with rocksliders for lighter stuff .

Trail truck will be for rocks , no body issues as the body is pretty much gone :grin:

I need something bling for my redneck show truck :D

8. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Slightly OT, but pauly, i need help with my fridge,,, if you can PM me? Its not acting right lol. :)

9. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Yes, this is EXACTLY why I want a secong gen to wheel, and not worry about.

10. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Ring Ring...........

Its the Dark Side Calling, answer the phone RJF. :D

Harley

11. rjfguitar

Thats what I wanted/want originally was to buy a nice late blazer instead of a Dodge cummins but after one test drive the Cummins won.;)

Regardless I think it would be pretty damn cool to have a cherry clean nice 3/4 late blazer towing in a trail blazer.:pimp1:

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Rene