Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oh Gawd,I'm bored!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by diesel4me, Nov 21, 2004.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Oh Gawd,I\'m bored!!!

I've been lokking at all the posts on here,and I noticed I have replied to most all of them! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. I hope you guys dont get pissed at me for answering too many of the posts.I'm stuck here with a sick mother who isnt doing too well,and I can only stand watching TV and fooling with my trucks and cats for so long--so I've made a pest of myself on CK5!!.I hope everyone isnt sick of me--I know I talk too much--my friends tell me to STFU all the time! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif
    Hope all your lives arent as sad or boring as mine has become--it sucks watching your parents die a slow death--even worse when said parent is in denial,and refuses to take their doctors advice and medication seriously--dementia is a fate worse than death if you ask me....I hope I go quickly when its my time to go--and any time God wants me I'm ready--I've seen enough!! /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif
    I'll try not to post so much--this place is addictive though--thank God for CK5,it helps me keep my head screwed on straight--its nice to know I'm not the only one who owns more than one truck,and knows what its like to fix them. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Oh Gawd,I\'m bored!!!

thats ok i'm on duty and cant leave till tommorrow. i may not have replied but ive read em all.

69k5

3. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I'm only bored cuz it's getting late and I can't drive my truck anywhere yet. The only place I have to wheel is a small field behind my house and my neighbors don't like my open headers durring dinner time. If you're really bored you can send me an instant message, my email address is in my profile. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    On another note, I got to watch my Nana (grandmother to those of you who don't know the difference) die from cancer. It was probably the slowest, most painful death I will ever get to see. She knew she was going to die though but she was denying it until the cancer spread to her brain and she couldn't function or speak anymore. It was a really sad thing to watch /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm glad to be alive. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I took care of me Mom for a few years after my father passed away. It is a noble thing you do. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. whiskey bent

whiskey bent Registered Member

Nothing worse than a sick mother, keep yer head up and look to the next day. Thinking about it just makes it worse, go turn a wrench.

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Robert, your a great guy, in all your posts I've read, you have made me learn a thing or too. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

been there with the parents. do what you can while your mom is still around.

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Thanks for all your kind replies!.I dont want anyone to get sick of seeing my name on all the posts,or think I'm a "know it all"--God knows there is still a lot for me to learn!.I just want to help others with their questions,I have fooled with GM trucks since I was 14,now I'm 46,and I'm still learning!.I'm hoping my advice will save someone some work,or avoid a dissapointment when trying different things.All I can say is do as much as you can while your young--I feel like an old man already--probably because I keep living life like I was 18 all theese years--too much partying,lack of sleep and not working a real job,and spending too much time working on junk are starting to take its toll on me.I have been tempted to apply for a job driving a parts delivery truck for a nearby store--but with my mothers health I kinda hate to go too far from the house for any length of time--I havent worked a "real" job in many years,dont know if I even could anymore--butI'm rapidly approching the end of my life savings,and I'm not sure if I will even be able to stay here if my mom passes away,her estate will be a big mess when that happens.I'm not looking forward to the holidays--they depress the hell out of me,since my dad passed 4 years ago our family has drifted apart,and I dont get along well with some of my siblings--cant wait till its over.I have been trying to get something positive going in my life,but it aint happening yet--heck,I cant even get my trucks in order for winter!I know if I get a job,everything else will be pushed aside,I'll have no time for anything.And the fact I have started to drink again isnt helping much--it only helps while your drunk--I rarely drink at all,but lately the stress of dealing with all this has worn my will power down.
    I try to keep a positive attitude,but its not easy.My mother isnt bedridden,in fact,she acts like she is in good health,and tries to do all the things she always used too--but when she thinks no one is watching,I see the truth--her heart rate has been racing lately despite medication being doubled,and her coughing from the COPD and emphasema makes me want to peuke--I spend most of my time out in my garage,trying to make the most of every minite I still have it--even if I do nothing more than watch TV and burn wood in the stove. Its bad enough I'm not in great health--now I must deal with hers too.
    Too all the others who have been there--my condolances to you for your loss,and thanks again for the kind words.There is nothing worse than watching someone you love slip away--my best friend lost his 11 year old son to lukemia a year ago march,and I said if he can deal with that loss,I guess I can deal with mine.Life really sucks most of the time--I urge you all to have as much fun as you can now,before its too late.There may be a day soon when I am no longer posting here--that will be when my mom has passed away,and the computer might be sold--along with all my trucks,the garage I built,and the house and lot--or it may be very different,it sucks not knowing whats going to happen,she wont tell us anything-I wouldnt be a bit suprised if she ends up in a nursing home,and they will end up taking her house....... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Thanks again for putting up with my long off topic posts-and the soap opera-and my BIG MOUTH! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif