Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oh great I'm high on dope....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Dec 16, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Oh great I\'m high on dope....

Went to the Doc today and he gave me something to loosen some stuffyness due to a sinus infection, sh!t fawked me up, so I look it up on the web and it turns out to be efedrine. So pretty much my Dr. is a crank dealer and man I hate speed, that craps going in the garbage and I'm having a drink..... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

Re: Oh great I\'m high on dope....

drink up. lol. he gave you speed?????? thats too funny. later.

jacob

3. 87Blazerlady

87Blazerlady 1/2 ton status

Chevyfumes.........ephedrine is not methamphetamine. Ephedrine is made from the herb Ephedra. Is good for asthma, hay fever and nasal congestion. It does act like speed and can be dangerous for people with high blood pressure and heart problems. It made me nervous and jittery but boy did I put the phone calls out at work that day! Never touched it since.

4. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Garbage = My house, Sweet! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Trust me , I did dope as a kid and the best stuff is made with ephedrine..... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gifGod I hate this high, I'm wired. If I even have a cup of coffee I'm toasted for the rest of the day.... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Aaron I think I could make it to house in about 15 minutes, lets see how much money we can find......BUZZZZZZZZZ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Yep, ephedrine is an ingrediant of crank.

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I'm SOOOOO there!
    Wait don't forget the BOOZE! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Ephedra? Isn't that the drug that's in all of those new diet pills? I thought the Food and Drug Adm. were trying to make it illegal due to people having heart attacks and the like? That and Ma Huang, chinese herb.( before all you pervs have a field day with that one!) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Ephedra? Isn't that the drug that's in all of those new diet pills? I thought the Food and Drug Adm. were trying to make it illegal due to people having heart attacks and the like? That and Ma Huang, chinese herb.( before all you pervs have a field day with that one!)

[/ QUOTE ]

No heart attack (or the like) that has happened has been in a HEALTY person and linked to substances containing ephedrine and Ma Haung. Everyone that has taken it and suffered a heart attack or similar ailment has had a pre-existing condition, and had they SEEN A DOCTOR (like EVERY SINGLE item containing either ephedrine or Ma Haung contains states you must do before consuming them), they would have been told not to take these things. It like blaming GUNS for people getting shot. People that die while taking these compounds already had a problem. Don't let rampant misinformation form your opinion.

10. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

too bad the booze wont fix your nose....Coca-Cola is as speedy as I like my medicine. My nerves no linger like that speedy feeling. Funny how it used to be fun.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Well, it's in the bathtub crank. The real stuff was made with the cemical (ya, ya, my spelling is fawked) "P2P" . Ephedrine or more comanly sudoephedrine is boiled down to get only the ephedrine, then other crap like Lithum strips from camcorder batts, and anhidrous amonya is added. Nasty sh!t, but I used it for years and years. I'm fat now, so ya know I don't do it anymore.

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I once took a couple of Tylenol Cold and Flu daytime formula caplets cuz I didn't want to miss any work. The box said adults take 2...so I did. I was wired so tight I didn't sleep for two days..../forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif That sh!t went straight into the garbage!!!

Rene

13. 87Blazerlady

87Blazerlady 1/2 ton status

Ephedra and Ma Huang are the same herb. They do some chemical change to the herb and then it becomes ephedrine which is a drug. Also, I have heard that anything that has "ine" at the end is no longer in its natural state. I don't know how true that is, though. I've only seen ephadra in natural energy pills and diet pills. My herb books suggests it for asthma, hay fever and nasal congestion. This book also warns not to take it if you have high blood pressure or heart problems of any kind.

14. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

No heart attack (or the like) that has happened has been in a HEALTY person and linked to substances containing ephedrine and Ma Haung. Everyone that has taken it and suffered a heart attack or similar ailment has had a pre-existing condition, and had they SEEN A DOCTOR (like EVERY SINGLE item containing either ephedrine or Ma Haung contains states you must do before consuming them), they would have been told not to take these things. It like blaming GUNS for people getting shot. People that die while taking these compounds already had a problem. Don't let rampant misinformation form your opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just asking about what I've read as I was curious. No biggie. I have/had no opinion either way.

15. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

They do some chemical change to the herb and then it becomes ephedrine which is a drug.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ephidrine is a derivative of ephedra; an ephedra alkaloid. Technically, there is no 'chemical change', it is just a portion of the whole, rather than an altered substance. It is the derivitation that gives it the classification as a 'drug', yet still produces the same effects-essentially it is the ephedra alkaloid ephedrine that produces the central nervous system stimulation. Pseudoephedrine has the same effects on the CNS as ephedrine, although markedly weaker.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

what????

are you an advertising executive for a chemical company /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I've been taking Sudafed for a couple of days for my sinuses. I can feel my hair growing /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

John

18. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifIt took me about 8 drinks last night to get back to normal, oh wait now that I think of it ,it takes me about the same amount every night to get back to feeling normal.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Drinks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif, did you say drinks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif, normal what's that /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

20. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I can feel my hair growing

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an odd sensation isn't it??? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Rene