Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oh great.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's snowing, high winds, mom has the Alero, won't be home till after midnight, and the tranny started slipping today. Yeah, that's a good combo. :surepal:

2. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

yea we are catching that same storm. supposed to get 8" of snow tonight...

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

It was 85* here today :crazy:

4. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

If there was a smiley for a bird fliippin I would be doing it right now. I froze my arse off today......... my own fault I suppose however, I was fishing. :D

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm supposed to go wheeling in Wisconsin on Thursday and it's supposed to snow there all week. Air down, blast the heater, bring the snuggies and let 'er rip :saweet:

6. aldrichg9

aldrichg9 Registered Member

It doesn't snow enough in NWI

7. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Where are you going wheeling on Thursday? I'm actually headed out to Black River Falls with the '70 K5 (hopefully I'll have the gas tank done by then) for a 10 day wheeling trip. :D :D :D Maybe at some point during the week I might actually get into the woods and find me a deer to shoot. :haha: :haha:

Anyway... I'm headed out there Friday Morning... if you are in the area, I'll be in the Black River State Forest after about 1pm...

Oh yeah.... on the snowing here all week... we are getting like an inch or two tomorrow, then back into the 40s for the rest of the week. Saturday brings the next hint of snow... though that's in the Madison area, so hopefully, we'll see 8 inches over on the west end...

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

not good...

It actually hit 70 degrees here near Cape Cod today!--yesterday was nice too,68 and sunny! :D --but its a short lived heat wave,its going to rain tomorrow,and be in the 40's and 50's..a stiff breeze yesterday and today helped take away the "niceness" of the day though..we might see 60 once more on wednesday,then the freezer door opens again,and this time they say its going to stay cold..no more "roller coaster" temparatures..might snow friday.. :( ..I wish it would stay above 50 year round..I hate winter... :(

So Dogday--did you catch anything?..there are still a few stripers and bluefish being caught at the Cape Cod Canal not far from me..They are catching trout and largemouth bass and bluegills in the fresh waters nearby still too..

I was suprised to see a garter snake today(our feral cats killed it :doah: --they were flipping it around like a toy!--it was a baby only about a foot long--first snake I saw this year,and the only one too)....its weird to be seeing snakes this time of year--we already had 2 frosts the past few days! :confused: they caught a few mice too!..GOOD kitties! :D

Z3PR..hope the tranny isn't going out on you!..seems like everything always goes south at once huh?..I have been having ****ty luck too..so far my welder and my chainsaws all died this weekend,I lost the E-bay auction for the parts I need to fix the chainsaw,that I'll never find anywhere else--someone bid 50 cents more at 2 am when the bidding ended sunday am! :doah: :mad:
    and the guy who was supposed to buy my 400SB and air compressor never called or showed up-
    He was supposed to get them this weekend!-so now I have no money!-plus I threw my back out trying to move the plow and frame setup off my now scrapped 74 K20 to display it for sale out in the front yard yesterday--a day later than I wanted it to be there!..now I'm living on ibuprofin and flexeril muscle relaxants..I'm about ready to visit a liquor store tomorrow if things don't start looking up! :angry1: :frown1:

9. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Doh, I'm an idiot, I'm going on Saturday just outside of Hudson. I'd have invited you but we already have 25 rigs lined up. :crazy:

10. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Well thanks for thinking of me at least... lol. It's alright, I don't ever miss deer camp with the family, so I would have had to decline anyway. Next spring though, I'll be the first one planning the trip to Black River Falls for some good mud slinging...

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Kind of wierd, it doesn't have a dip stick too check the tranny fluid level. I hope the tranny isn't going south. I'm taking it into the dealership at 7:30 am tomorrow. Hopefully we've caught it before any damage has occured. I felt it just start too slip today. And it came right out of it. It was like 3 or 4 little slips. Mom took it to work tonight and said it feels like it's "grabbing". But then again my mother is the world's worst automotive hyprocondract. I'm hoping it's just low on tranny fluid. Hope your luck get better, I know how a Forkard up back can be. My back has locked up on me a few times. When it happens, it's strait to the ER for a shot with a big long needle, and the in bed for a week or better.

12. diesel4me

no dipstick??

I've heard of a few newer cars having "sealed" trannies,but don't know which ones ..whats the world coming too,if you can't even add tranny fluid anymore?--if it leaks,it automatically self destructs??..a retarted setup if I ever heard of one..planned obsolecence at its best.. :mad: people who dream up stuff like that should be shot... :rolleyes:

Maybe the filter is getting clogged up ?(IF its even replaceable!)..at any rate,I hope its nothing serious..my Contour's tranny had a spasm once when I was leaving a gas station,and the "check engine" light came on for a few miles..the light comes on sometimes still,but the tranny has never "hiccuped" again since..I think the light is coming on due to the gas cap--it only seems to do it after I put in gas..probably should have it looked at..that will only cost 100 bucks,just to tell me what MIGHT be wrong,not to fix it!..if the tranny goes in that car,thats it for me..I can't afford to fix it... :(

The heater blower motor wont come on now--it only had high speed since I got the car,and you had to turn the switch on and off rapidly to get it to work..I read online those year cars were recalled for the resistor and wiring harness for the blower having problems--including fires! :eek1: --so now I have to go to Ford and see if my car was ever "upgraded"..I'm hoping it wasn't,so I dont have to dick with it..nothing I hate more than fixing a Ford,especially when its mine,and coming out of MY wallet!.. :doah:

I need the heater if I have to drive it in the cold!..but I plan on parking it for as much as possible this winter--I'll let my truck rust some more,rather than get the car all salty..

I'm beginning to realize what a burden having more than 1 or 2 vehicles can be,physically and financially!.. :( its worse than having kids.. :rolleyes:

I've had those needles in my back at the ER too!..I have a double curve in my spine (scoliosis) and my back locks up right between the shoulder blades..its pretty stiff still now,the pills are giving me acid reflux more than pain relief..I might call and see if any chiropractors take my health plan,and see if they can help..I can't be laid up any longer--I need to get a job and make some money before my mother croaks.. :screwy: :( :crazy:

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

There is a cap on the tranny too fill it, but no dip stick, so I have no idea if it's low, or how much too add. I think they do that so you have too take it to the dealership or a tranny shop. Makes it hard for the everyday guy like myself.

14. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh, my aunts malibu is like that. There is a little plug on the side of the tranny, pour in fluid till it comes out the hole, put the plug back in, put the cap back on, and drive.

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Well, took it to the stealership this morning. Turned out it was a loose plug wire and not the tranny at all. Sure felt like it was slipping. Still had the tranny serviced anyways. New filter and had it flushed. They recomend too have the transmission serviced every 30,000 miles, and I'm right under 60,000 miles, so no biggie.

16. diesel4me

Good news!

Well,at least it wasn't something really bad!.. :waytogo: :saweet: ..I hope when I bring my Ferd in to get the heater blower fixed,its under the recall,and it wont cost me much,if anything..yeah,I'm a dreamer.. :rolleyes: :crazy:

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I hear ya. We all want stuff fixed for free now don't we, LOL. But sometimes we just have too pony up the $$$. I hear ya about have too have the heat working, I really hear that as I look out the window at my snow covered yard.