Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

oh how I love free machine shop stuff, pics

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by rdn2blazer, Mar 25, 2007.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

a bud I work with, who had also been a machinist for years, he changed career's along time ago, he had his machinist box in his garage untouched for years.

he offered me most of his machine shop tools and stuff for free. here is just some of the stuff he is giving me. there is all kinds of stuff here, and he has more he said he is going to give up, just needs to go through some of it first.

I got boxes of new inserts, turning tool holders, new boxs of taps, end mills, braised carbide tool bits, Jacob chucks, two 2 in. small inserted shell mills, reamers, resharpened end mills, borring bars, corner rounding end mills. there is used stuff too but alot of it is new. pics dont show how much is really here. I have 10 times as much as this myself but can you really ever have too much machine stuff.

I'm way stoked to say the least. he does not care to ever go back into machining, where as I love to do it at home as much as I did for work. he knew I would dig this stuff and put it to good use.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

wow man nice score!!

3. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Whoa! Looks like you need a mass storage device as well!

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Yep, looks like its time to buy some Vidmar's

5. rdn2blazer

a nice big Lista cabinet would be nice too.

6. 79BRUISER

79BRUISER 1/2 ton status

My grandfather was a machinist for 40 years. When he passed away I inherited his whole shop. 4 years later and I'm still finding tooling I didn't know about. Unforunatly I didn't inherit his knowledge too.

I can hold my own on the manual equip. Still learning on the cnc's

Nice score:D

7. k30bb468

k30bb468 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Nice $core !

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

dude, isn't high quality machinist tooling stuff expensive as hell??! is the guy just rich and doesn't need the $ he could get from selling it or are you guys that tight?

j

9. rdn2blazer

yea good brand name machinist stuff is very pricy. he could get quite a bit of money for all this stuff. all this bought new would be in the thousands. I could pull 10 items from one tote that cost 100 bucks each or more. there is a grand right there.

no Im not a real close friend but nun the less he offered them to me, so why not take it. he actually has asked me if I wanted it a few times so I finally got of my but and went to his house to check it out.

he is not rich and is a working stiff just like me. how he got this stuff I could not tell you, I dont know, but the fact remains he has had it in 2 craftsman roll-a-way chests in his garage since 95' and just does not want it anymore.

he is remodeling/rebuilding his garage and needs clean house to make room for the work ahead.