Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

oh man... girl trouble.... and it gets good...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ddragggon, Feb 12, 2002.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

ok, so there's this girl I known almsot forever... I liek her, she's crazy, fun, witty, and all that... she'd had a fiance, broken that off, then dissapeared for a few months... I just ran into her online, and of all things to get asked, she asks `you know anything about old cars?' next up, she asks `you know where I can get a 1937-1940 super deluxe coupe convertable?' after my moments of shock that this girl I know likes working on cars, and wants something 3 times as old as I am, she goes on to ask ` you know where I can find the stock AC unit for a 1970 Suburban?

man, I gotta talk with her A LOT MORE OFTEN... oh, and any of you know where I can find a 1970 Suburban AC unit?

thankyou,
    -Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>CK5 SUB-culture</font color=red>

2. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

LOL!!!! Sorry i don't mean to laugh but that is just tooo funny. Good luck finding the part she needs.

<font color=purple>If you want life to run smoothly...You must grease it with some ATTITUDE!!!!</font color=purple>

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I dunno man, if you've known her that long and never knew... Hand her a distributor and say "Here's that ac unit" and see if she laughs... Maybe she's just using vehicles to get to you... lol, just kidding.

Seriously though, good luck!

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Your ad here.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by newyorkin on 02/12/02 10:43 PM.</FONT></P>

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Cool deal!! Sounds like one worth some work too!! Give Grumpy's out in Deer Valley a buzz @ (602)375-9200, or SoCal Speed Shop/Vintage Parts of Arizona on McDowell - I don't have their number handy, but I know they'd have it.

......And knowing is half the battle
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

That's too funny. My fiancee knows absolutely nothing about cars. She will say something like "that car's running rich" when we can smell the exhaust, then say "aren't you proud I knew that?" Haha.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch>www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch</a>

6. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Maybe she's just using vehicles to get to
    you... lol, just kidding.

<hr></blockquote>
    ...and how's this a bad thing? she may not know much about them, but she does know exactly what she wants, which is more impressive then not to me.

I'll give grumpys a call, and see what they want for a unit, then perhaps do some yard hoppin' to see if I can't find anything for her. ( yeah, she could just be using me too, but I don;t mind as long as I have a good solid excuse to crawl the yards)

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Girls that wrench are cool!
    communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim>coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

8. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Girls that wrench or even will try to take in interest in it are cool! I'd say definetly look into the pursuit here. [​IMG] Good luck bro!

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

9. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Anyone that takes time to learn something new gets a thumbs up. They get 2 thumbs if they have a big heart and are learning because they know it's something very near and dear to your heart!!

<font color=purple>Michelle~</font color=purple>

It's never too late to have a happy childhood[​IMG]

10. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

its prolly not because of me, but I can't blame her... a 38 ford coupe has a downright evil `cruila deville' type look to it, thats hard to match... the convertable option is one of the rarer options too, making it a real oddity to come by.

-Rich

11. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

cool story but wait until her search for the parts leads her to ck5 and she reads this thread! wouldnt that be ironic

12. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

......hushup you.... time to burry this thread.... I need people to start posting stupid questions, and complaints about people posting stupid questions, and peopel complaining about people complaining about posting stupid questions..

:-P
    -Rich

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Do you want us to post that in this thread or the main board?

lol...

What's the status?? Outlook positive for ya??

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Your ad here.

14. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

havn't talked to her since then, and I havn;t found a 1970 AC unit yet either.... probbly a grim outlook... such is the way of cold cruel destiny... or something like that,

-Rich

15. Rooba

Rooba Registered Member

Hey Rich,

Why don't you just ask her to go junkyard hunting. Take a day, travel to all the junkyards in the area, and see if they have her A/C unit.

When she asks, "Why don't we just call and ask?" You say, "What's the fun in that? It's much more fun to make an adventure out of it"

Pointless yes, waste of gas... you betcha. If she goes with you, she's probably interested in you. The bonus, you get her stuck in the cab of your truck for the better part of the day while you woo her with your wit and charm, and maybe sneak in plans for a real date if all goes well.

Just my 0.342 cents. Good luck.

Rooba