Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oh man... I hate my brain...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Soooo ya know how I'm working full time to make a car payment and insurance and gas? And ya know how I'll be starting up school full time in January on top of that? That's oing to be totally insane...

The new Wal Mart Distribution Center that's accepting applications for jobs starting at $13 an hour sure is enticing right about now... Just think... I could work half the time for the same amount of money... I could have a life, a job, AND an education... and a nice Jeep that likes to break...

But man do I hate Wal Mart... I don't like to shop there... The Distribution Center is going to hurt a lot of businesses in town as far as employment goes... The hotel I work at is expecting to lose quite a few housekeeping and kitchen people... I could jump on the Wal Mart bandwagon... I speak English, I bet they'd hire me...

Hrmph... I hate money... But I would sure love to have some...

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I say if it is going to make your life better and easier, why not? It's just for now until you get done with school.......

3. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I'm a full-time student, and work 40-60 hours a week. It's easier than I had it in high school my senior year, I was only getting 4 hours of sleep a night thanks to a commute to school.

4. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Hmm. Might as well throw this in, to finish my train of thought...

BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH.....

BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH.

That feels better! :D

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's a lot of drama for one night.....

6. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

Everyone hates Wal-Mart. Except for the ONE person who stared it! Look at wal-mart as a huge corp. with no feelings if you want, I look at it a an American success story! Wal-mart is taking jobs from your town?, or is it creating more? You are a perfect example, you can now make 2x's the money and stay in the same town/city. Or you can make the same money and have more time for school or jerking off. BOOHOO!

7. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I thought about doing the same thing cause theyve got the same program here. only problem is that all the checks and computer generated schedules come from 1 store in northwest Arkansas so if you have a problem with your schedule your pretty much screwed and have to deal with it or quit and if your check doesnt come you have to talk to the manager of the one store and it may be weeks later before.

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Well, considering the unemployment rate here in Cheyenne is extremely low, 3.7% in 2003, and it's gone down to 2.something%... There isn't much room for a huge place like a Wal Mart Distribution Center to come in ane expect to be staffed without taking away people from other places.

I guess that means people will just flock to Cheyenne, Wyoming to get a coveted position with WDC... No, wait, Cheyenne, Wyoming has very little to offer... Here's where there's some kind of issue going on...

Mayor Spiker gets on his hands and knees, crawls under desks, takes nekkid pictures of himself, whatever he has to do to get this big employers here. Meanwhile, neglecting the fact that his city doesn't exactly offer a high quality of living to attract people to fill all the wonderful jobs "he" created. SO, we just have the same people who have been living and working here all their lives running around to the highest bidder, which just leaves more jobs unfilled... But it sure is hard to fill a job when there aren't people to fill it with. An understaffed company won't last a whole lot longer than an under-profit-earning company...

So what happens now? Wal Mart pays a bunch of taxes, so the city can clean up the city a little bit? Well, the taxes come in, but the city government are too busy adding to the $6.7 million in the city bank account, rather than funding more projects or promoting Cheyenne as more than a tourist trap at the end of July...

So I guess I'm ranting more about the lack of an intelligent city government (our mayor is a frickin uneducated furniture salesman) than evil Wal Mart...

But little locally-owned joints can't exactly compete when Super Wal Mart takes over. Wal Mart has become a big enough company that they can more or less force their suppliers to make cheaper products so they can sell them for less money. Mom and pop can't walk into Skyjacker's office and say "We're not selling your crap anymore unless you sell it to us for $50 less than we already pay." Skyjacker doesn't give a crap, they can get by without that little company...

I'm all for capitalism, but something's going to have to break somewhere somehow...

I think I just made up my own mind... But here's something to further demonstrate Wal Mart's true colors: http://www.afa.net/Petitions/IssueDetail.asp?id=210

You just watch, gay couples with marriage licenses in their pockets on every street corner, everyone driving their Japanese cars while they wear their Chinese clothes, and a Wal Mart where every little hardware store, grocery store, restaurant, hotel, bank, and car wash used to be... A liberal nutjob's dream come true... And a trailer park queen's too... :rolleyes:

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

welcome to MY town!..

How'd ya like to live here--soon to be the ONLY town in the USA with TWO "Super" Wal-Marts!..number 2 ain't built yet--but the lawsuits filed by angry residents only slowed the last one down by 2 years,and they couldn't do squat about them making it a "super" Wal-Mart with groceries a few years later after it was built.....

...despite us having at LEAST 6 places to shop for food already,Wal-Mart couldn't let THEM get all the $$$$!..the next "Super" Wal-Mart is planned to be built RIGHT NEXT to Market Basket--one of the biggest markets here,with THE lowest prices out of all 6 stores--EXCEPT Wal-Mart!..and its one of the most congested highways and heavy traffic,where #2 will be built..the road hardly carries its current traffic now!..it'll be a nightmare after another Wal-Mart comes in..:doah:

Why a town with less than 14,000 residents needs TWO Super Wal-Mart stores is beyond me..even if you combine every towns population for 50 square miles here,there is still only about 300,000 people--and many of those towns have no stores to speak of--you'd think Wal-Mart would bulid there instead of making them drive here,and fubar our traffic and roads!..:mad:

I know a few Wal-Mart employees--most are now EX Wal-Mart employees!..they went to Lowe's and Home Depot instead--much the same working conditions--but they say they get paid better,and not treated like dirt,and have better health benifits..there is no lack of jobs here,just GOOD jobs..plently of low paying slave labor ones,but few good paying full time ones..most places want part timers ,so they don't have to offer medical insurance..and bi-linguals get hired first!...I see mostly minorities working at ,and shopping at Wal-Mart around here ..some hardly speaka da english..:crazy:

10. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Take it both ways. Get hired by them and make more money and then shop somewhere else. No brainer : next.

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I love Walmart. They aren't putting anyone out of business that shouldn't be put out of business. If you really want to pay some mom and pop people $2 a pound for bananas, go ahead. I'll use Walmarts quantity-purchasing power to greatly increase my standard of living and keep the change.

j