Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oh man...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stockk5, Jan 30, 2005.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Last night my girlfriend was getting in my truck and the seatbelt on the passanger side didnt not go back into the reel, so it was loose and on the floor of my truck right where she put her foot to get in, it slid and she lost balance falling out, she landed on her back/elbow and hit her head, i felt really bad cuz she got all bruised up and such. I only have a 4" lift but still, wasnt fun for anyone so now she refuses to get in my truck and her dad thinks my trucks "dangerous". So i need to make it safer i guess. Where do you mount the sidesteps? I plan on just taking some square tubing as the step and making a bracket to go off of it. Where is the best place to mount the brackets to, frame or floor?

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

sorry to hear that, i keep a step ladder handy.i attcually had a girlfriend flip upside down(with a mini skirt) and almost land on my head. it was a BIG truck,80's thing.i'm sorry but i laughed at her, she said she didn't need help.:rolleyes: i don't want to make my truck not fuctional for a once in awhile thing.

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

This is what I made for my wife to help her get in and out. I jumped on it allot before I let her try it. It has worked great for over a year now. Went out in the dark to get the photo and didn't notice the crap in the dark before the flash. Please overlook.

:D :D :D
    [​IMG]