Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oh my god this is a nightmare**UPDATE**

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by steedalx, Mar 24, 2004.

1. steedalx

steedalx 1/2 ton status

Well as some of you might remember I had a post a couple of weeks ago where I had no blinkers, brake lights, hazards and front marker lights. Here is a little update.

1. Replacing the turn signal switch fixed the blinker problem.

2. There was a bad ground on the rear driver side marker light.

3. Some idiot had spliced into the wires in the rear and replaced one of the wires with speaker wire.

But still a couple of issues.

1. When my lights are on the only ones that do not come on are the front markers and front side markers. I tested and they are getting power.

2. When my lights are on the blinkers blink REAL slow...both front and rear.

Once I get these 2 straightned out I should be ready to roll. Anybody got some ideas for these last 2. I am thinking a bad ground or something. I am really tired of messing with this.

2. steedalx

steedalx 1/2 ton status

3. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well the ones in the front bumper are grounded through the bumper. so they may not have a good ground. i had the same problems with my blazer. as for the side markers with the lights on see if moving the bulb side to side in the socket makes it work. I had to squeeze the socket a little to get mine to make good connection. hope this helps

4. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Definitely check the ground wires. If you have power, then all you need is a ground (and a good bulb!). Try not to mismatch heavy duty bulbs with standard bulbs, this can cause the blinkers to act strangely sometimes. Sounds like you've done a great job so far getting the problems worked out. As you have found out this type of problem usually has multiple causes...