Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oh no, not another gas mileage post!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Wingnutt, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

Feb 20, 2000
    Sorry but I need to brag a little. I took a trip this weekend from sw VA to DC and back. Drove 378 miles on just 18.5 gallons of preminum! That 20.45 mpg! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I checked and double checked everything and it still comes out the same.

All that time spent going over my data logs and burning and re-burning chips has paid off!

BTW that's with 33's and 3:42 gears, with the cruise control on 95% of the time.

Not only that but the performance ain't to bad either. The only drawback is that I gotta run that high $$ preminum fuel to control the pinging. I'm hoping to pick up another 1/2 mpg or so once I get my 4:10's in and another chip burn to add a touch more timing in cruise mode to take advantage of the better gear raito.

I now return myself to my normal boring life. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
  2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Mar 23, 2001
    My trucks both get 21 MPG ................................ Combined /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif