Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OH NO! what am I going to run my Gas hogg Blazer on!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lukebaby1, Feb 24, 2004.

1. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

What are we going to do? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Fairy dust

The things people will do for attention

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Sounds like more of this conspiracy type crap to me. He is rationale for why all of the alternative energy sources isn't solid. He just says nope we're not using it now, so it's no good. I just skimmed part of this, but there are no concrete reasons why alternative energy sources won't take over, granted, there won't be one energy source like oil, but with a combination of sources, the energy will be there. I also don't buy into the whole deal of the half the oil being gone already, seems to me if has all of these quotes from people who are "in the know", this would be common knowledge, or at least a big news story right now. My guess would be he took quotes out of context, or just made them up.

So like I said, this to me is just a crock of [darn].

5. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

WERE ALL GOING TO DIE.... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

What a retard /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

I dunno, /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif if you check out some of those links to the left it brings into prespective some pretty scary senario's by 2025. especially with eastern europe and most third world country's. Some are already deciding not to build bigger airports, because by then air travel will be almost non existent without some alternative source of fuel. Kind of makes me wonder about our childrens future. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Honestly, In the back of my mind I do worry about my life later down the road and what it will be like with all this kinda crap happening...kinda sucks really. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

as do I, but you have to think about this, when we first found oil did we realize its potential? Of course not. So who is to say alternates won't be the sameway even if its a hard road.

9. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

I agree, the alternates may not be entirely feasible right now, but just in the last couple of years, there have been some major advances that have made them more feasible than they were 5 years ago.

10. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

start growing beans and run the blazer on Methane! its the clean fuel of the future... course it smells like [darn]... but thats just too damn bad! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

There is pleanty of synthedic oils at all the part stores now adays, so I would think there will be a synthedic gasoline in the future befor the world runs out of crude oil.

12. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

13. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Well...........hell.

I'm uh gonna get me uh 1000 gal tank and head to the hills! Go be Grizzly Adams or somthin'! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

you think I'm kiddin /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

14. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Better make that 2000 gallons, and don't forgot to take the guy's other advice and become a vegetarian (what that has to do with depleting the oil reserves I have no idea). /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

maybe by 2025 we'll be SPACE TRUCKIN. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto

16. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Maybe he thinks saving the animals would make more oil since they'll decompose in a million years....whata jackass... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

every time my son watches the dinosaur movie at the end when she says i hope someone remembers us i say, every time i fill up my truck. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

18. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

When oil starts getting so scarce that few people can afford it, that is when the oil companies are not making money anymore, lots of technology that supposedly doesn't exist will suddenly come into existence. The conspiracy theorist in me says that "suddenly" the oil companies will "discover" this new technology. An efficient and easy way to split water molecules into Hydrogen and Oxygen and burn the resulting gases, cold fusion, etc. The human race will survive, we will have children, our children will have children. We will die, and the world will go on without us. Hard to believe, but true. We may be in for some interesting times before things get back to "normal".

OK, let's see if I killed this thread too, seems like everytime I post about anything like this the thread dies... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

19. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Don't worry it happens to me too /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif, so I guess if you didn't kill it then I just did. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

20. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

nuclear power

Where was this in his ramblings?

Wouldnt be to hard to make a Big Block Fusion Reactor in your rig now would it? 45,000 horse power