Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oh-Oh--a GM truck for sale nearby!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, Aug 10, 2005.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I was on my way to the landfill yesterday to dump our trash..passed a guy's house I know,and lo and behold,there is what appears to be a 79 Chevy pickup 4x4 with a plow on it sitting near the street with a "for sale" sign on it--and $500 or BO on the windsheild! :eek1: :laugh: ...it apperaed to be a 1/2 ton,but I didn't dare stop and get out to look at it--for I would probably fall in love with it,and want to take it home!...

I've been tempted to sell my 79 C10,I dont have a real need for a 2wd truck..its becoming a burden to keep registered and insured..but a 4x4 would at least be more useful,as far as earning its keep,you could plow with it,and no worries about winter traction!(or worrying about it getting rusty,since it most likely arleady is to some extent!--looks good from the street though,its jet black... :laugh: )..if I'm going to pay for a truck's plates and insurance,it might as well be one I will be willing to drive in crappy weather!..

But I hate to sell the only rust free truck I had!(not perfect,but nice for its age still!)...and I DO have the 82 K20 diesel with a plow already,which needs a bit of tinkering still...and I havent even driven it much,or fixed a thing all summer!...I'm beginning to think I'm nuts for even considering another truck!--if anything,I should sell the C10,put the money in the bank,and forget buying anything else!---but that truck hit my soft spot--looked a lot like my 74 K20,and 500 or less with a plow IS a good price,unless in needs a motor or tranny!(and I have both :thinking: :tongue1: )....but I need another heap to fix and waste money on like a hole in the head!

WHY do I even THINK about buying another truck??? Am I retarted or what! :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: ---must be a disease or something--maybe its CK5 fever? :dunno: :what: ....anyone else suffer from this syndrome :what: I need a few opinions... :crazy:

(I nearly totaled my C10 a few blocks away from the truck--turned a corner and the rear end nearly swapped ends with the front! :eek1: --the road was soaked from a sudden thundershower!--must have been a lot of oil spilled there or something! :doah: ..luckily I got it straight again before I hit any thing!)...almost lost it!--PERIOD! :doah: :eek1: ...

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Buy it and swap your good body onto it if it's in good mechanical condition.

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I'm the same way - I want to own every old truck I see, for sale or not... I want them all. :D