Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oh, the pain of responsibility!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Jan 14, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

So my wife and I are cruising around last night checking out this little neighborhood we'd like to live in. Lo and Behold what stands before me after this one turn, but a big gorgeous K20 'burb with a for sale sign in the windshield!

So I say to my wife, "ooohh, I feel bad for you", and pull up next to the truck where there's a more detailed sign in the window.
    The dude's asking $750!!!! So I dang near fall out of the truck in my hurry to see it, until I heard "WE NEED TO GET THE KIDS HOME" from a booming voice that seemed to explode from my 100 lb wife...

So, I was into work at 6 am today, hoping to get out around 2. If so, I'm going to sneak by and see if the truck runs and drives, and if so, see if the dude will trade for an equal value Jeep... Maybe I just found my replacement 350!!

The body on this thing was too good to be that cheap!! It must have a blown tranny or something...

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Prior signature burnt. This one on temporarily.

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Ha ha!!!!!

I hope it's a tranny and not a motor! I will cross my fingers for you. *crosses fingers* [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Answers: $1, Short: $5, Correct: $25, dumb looks are still free.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Nope!! The sign I was able to read says "new engine/new tranny, truck must go"! AND, it's an '88! so it's probably TBI, with a piule more parts that are interchangeable than I thought! It has a plow setup already, too. And I think I even noticed a tranny temp guage in the cab. I was in too much of a hurry to talk to anybody about it, but I got the number, and when my wife goes out in a few minutes, I'm going to call the guy. I hope he wants a Cherokee!!!

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Prior signature burnt. This one on temporarily.

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Yep...it's a junker. Better give me the addy and phone number. [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Answers: $1, Short: $5, Correct: $25, dumb looks are still free.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>