Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OH, what a crazy afternoon

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cybrfire, Aug 9, 2004.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

After losing just about every tool in the shop because i kept putting them down in stupid places and not being able to get anything done. I finally get in the groove and get some stuff finished up and the phone rings. It's the Sheriff. He says you need to come pick up your kid. Don't get that phone call everyday thank god. Fighting. It could be worse.

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I hate it when I mis place tools. grrr.
    Woah, was he hurt?

3. cybrfire

It was one of those days where you put down the marker and its gone. Then you find it and you grab the wrench, OH wait its gone too. Just kept putting things down in lame places.

He wasn't hurt. According to him he wasn't even involved but the cops put a nice scare in him which he probably needed a little.

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I lost a few things and I still can't find them. I always seem to put something down, then 5 minutes later when I need it again it magically disapears /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Thats good he wasn't hurt. Hopefully the cop put a scare so he won't get into something like that again.

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i do that at least once a month. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i can see my three year old is heading that way. he even punches the dog /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif i or my wife don;t act that way ,nor do we let him watch it on TV. it's in me to fight i did all the time,maybe it's heredatary.(i hope not). /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I go for weeks without losing my pen, sharpie, paint pen or soapstone at work...and then I have one of those days. By the end of the night everything is gone.

Everything has it's place, but some nights i can't remember what place that was. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Hope things work out with your kid.

Rene

7. cybrfire

Yeah everything is cool with my kid. He didn't get in any real trouble just a good wake up call. He's only 10 years old so not a big problem yet. I keep trying to get them in the shop to learn to fabricate and use their hands but its damn hard to get kids to do that these days. This is such a disposable world these days it seems. I have even had people tell me your only supposed to drive a car for 2 years maximum and then you trade. What is that about? I'll get my 3 boys in the shop yet. If they want a car they are gona have to work for it. That'll keep em out of trouble.

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah everything is cool with my kid. He didn't get in any real trouble just a good wake up call. He's only 10 years old so not a big problem yet. I keep trying to get them in the shop to learn to fabricate and use their hands but its damn hard to get kids to do that these days. This is such a disposable world these days it seems. I have even had people tell me your only supposed to drive a car for 2 years maximum and then you trade. What is that about? I'll get my 3 boys in the shop yet. If they want a car they are gona have to work for it. That'll keep em out of trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is some good logic for ya...where exactly are all these two year old cars supposed to go? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Even a 10 year old vehicle, if maintained reasonably, should be nearly as reliable as it was when new (as I'm sure you know)

Rene

9. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i have had the same pensel for 3 years i just add more lead /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

punch the dog???????? yeah, I would have my eye on that one if I were you. LOL, sounds like a good kid

Remington

11. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My little boy is only five now, but I am sure the day will come when I get the phone call from the police department to come pick up my kid.

12. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

I've got one like that and one very mellow one. It seems like the little hell raiser is the one always wanting to help in the garage.
    I really believe that tool gremlins are responsible for tool disapearences. especially when you find them later in the exact spot you looked at. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif