Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oh yeah

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, May 3, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Got the amp all wired this morning. Wired the sub for 1 ohm. Gain isn't even 1/4 of the way up and it hits hard !!!!! I'm very happy with the way it sounds. Oh hell yeah !!!!!!! It's very impressive for just one 12" sub.

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Dual voice coil sub I guess? 2 ohms per coil?

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yes, Kicker L7 12" DVC 2 ohm per voice coil. My amp does 1400 watts at 1 ohm. Gain is set at about 1/4 of the way up.

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

That's cool. I'm curious if you tried to wire it in series for a 4 ohm load? Back when I messed with stereos I found that the sub(s) would sound the best if I ran them at the highest ohms possible and the gain up a bit, provided that the amp had enough power. With your amp at 4 ohms it should still have enough power for one 12. Just a suggestion for if you're really bored one day... :D

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I had it wired at 4 ohm when I had it in the Stratus. Had too, my power wire was too small and the amp went into protection at 1 ohm. At 4 ohm, my amp only does 350 watts. But at 1 ohm, it does 1400 watts. I'm talking RMS not peak. The Kicker L7 is rated at 750 watts RMS. It sounds really good at 1 ohm. [​IMG]

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Wish y'all could hear it, it's damn impressive for only 1 sub.