Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ohio e-check question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cameyer, Sep 11, 2000.

1. cameyer

cameyer Newbie

Does anyone know if I need to get my truck e-checked...it is an 82 diesel. (actually it is now a gas engine-but they don't need to know)

2. OhioJimmy

OhioJimmy Registered Member

I've never heard of an emission test in Ohio, I have run into the rare safety roadblock put on by the hipos but they just check safety items brakes lights ect, never had them look under the hood. Hope this helps, If anyone knows different let me know.

When the mud gets deep and the hills get steep we'll find out who bought the parts that were cheap.

3. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

It depends on were you live in Ohio, Cincinnati area and Dayton areas have e-checks. Just certain counties not sure about northren Ohio. I don't think diesels need it. You can call 1-800-car-test think this is the number still to check for sure. You can also call an e-check station. Good Luck.

4. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Do beleive that Cleavland and Toledo areas need it too.

5. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

When you register the vehicle in Ohio, I believe there is a place on one of the forms that is checked if the emissions test is required.