Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil cooler adapter- same for SB/BB?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Can Can, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I have an oil cooler adapter that I never got around to installing on the V3500 this year, and I was wondering if the same unit is compatible for both a SB and a BB. FWIW, the part # is 14088854.

Another issue I have is that the adapter I have never came with the mounting bolts or the top gasket. Are these "dealer only" items, or will your average parts store be able to get ahold of them?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

basicly yes.

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

A good parts house should be able to get the gaskets but the bolts will be a dealer item.

Like Sweetk30 said, they're the same sbc / bbc.

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

So part #14088854 is the oil cooler adaptor for both the BBC and the SBC? For some reason, the two answers so far haven't given me that warm fuzzy feeling I'm looking for......:rotfl:

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The oil filter adapter for SBC and BBC are the same. When they are with an oil cooler there is a gasket that goes between the block and the filter adapter but when it is without oil cooler there is no gasket between the block and adapter.

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

IIRC the block side of the cooler uses an O-ring, dealer only part from my search, but it was cheap.

Bolts are just long allan heads as I recall, perhaps a good hardware store would have them...they are quite long and thin though.

JIM88K5 vbmenu_register("postmenu_1668560", true); can probably get those for you through his work, great guy and helpful with the parts, especially if you don't know the part numbers! Be sure to post them up in the part number thread if you go that route, along with the adapter PN. :)