Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil cooler line replacement

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fjleiter, Apr 27, 2004.

1. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

Have a 1990 K5 with the factory oil cooler. Lines are leaking and wondered if anyone has ever replaced the lines on theirs and how? Are there oem replacement lines available or just buy tubing and cut and splice. If so what size and type of tubing should I use? ANyone?

2. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

Take them off and take them to a shop that can make hydraulic lines. A lot of independant parts stores or farm implements will be able to hook you up. If you replace them with factory lines they will end up costing you$$ and just leak again. I will be doing mine soon.

3. J.R.

J.R. Guest

i just replaced mine with an aftermaket cooler fron hayden and what a piece of junk it is. the cooler is good but the hoses are just fuel line hose and the fittings wouldnt stop leaking. so i took it off and thru it in the junk pile. napa can make hydrolic lines check with them, but dont use the cheap stuff.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I removed the lines and took them in to a shop that makes hydraulic hoses. 3 or 4 hours later I went back to pick them up. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif They removed the old rubber lines and fittings and installed new high pressure hose and fittings. Cost me a whopping $28. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif GM dealer will bone ya for new lines and they'll leak just like the old ones do. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif