Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil Cooler Lines....which one goes where?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 90blzr, Oct 21, 2003.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Got the new oil cooler lines today. This block (1995) has the lines going directly into the block in front of the oil filter, parallel to the block. I need to know which line goes where.
    On the actual oil cooler, one line goes in on the passenger side and one one the driver.

So does the hole towards the BACK of the block go to the passenger side of the driverside of the oil cooler /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    And which one does the front hole go to...passenger or driver side?

Thanks!

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Okay the hole towards the front of the block is the return from the oil cooler, the one towards the back is the supply line to the cooler.

Now, my question is....is it safe to say that the on the cooler itself, the line going in the top is the supply line and the one out of the bottom is the return?

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

that would be safe to say

4. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Is is just me, or am I wrong in thinking that it shouldn't matter? This system is a straight shot thru the cooler, back into the engine... shouldn't matter which way its going... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Dan

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

on the block side there is a check valve type fitting, so I assume it matters which one the oil is coming out of and going into /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif