Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil Filler Tube? Help!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Logan, Dec 20, 2000.

1. Logan

Logan Registered Member

I'm looking for an Oil Filler Tube Extension that will fit into my '84 Jimmy (350 V8, 'Plug' type oil hole) -- I was talking to someone on this board about one a few months back, but the search tool isn't working. I've called around to the dealers near me, and they've got no idea what I'm talking about. Basically, it's a tube that plugs into the oil fill hole on the valve cover, and extends towards the front of the truck, making it a lot easier to reach in and add oil.

Can anyone give me a part number, or even model/year of the car/truck they got theirs from? I'm sick of having to climb into the engine room every time I want to add oil... Which is often. ;)

Thanks!
    -Al.

2. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

I can't give you any help finding this part, but wouldn't it be easier to just flip the valve cover around so the fill is in the front?

Just a thought ........

Thomas.

-- '84 K5 Blazer --
    http://Stoopalini.coloradok5.com

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

GO to the Junkyard and find an fullsize Chevy van. They have filler tubes that go into the valve cover and bolt onto the exhaust manifold via a bracket and then extend all the way to the radiator! You wouldn't even need to get up on aything to put in oil! I am currently running a van dipstick which comes all the way to the radiator which makes it really easy to check the oil!!! I need to get the filler tube and I would be set.
    LOL

HTH

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

4. Logan

Logan Registered Member

I was thinking about that, but if I did that, the hole would either be under my A/C Compressor, or my carb warmer-upper heat stove thing that runs from the manifold to the intake. It's still an option, but it's really not going to make that much easier to get to it.

If I can't find what I'm looking for, I'm going to hunt down one of those pre-bent rad hoses, dremel a groove into it so it'll fit snug in the oil plug hole, and ziptie it to something on the fender...and find something to plug the end with.

-Al.

5. Logan

Logan Registered Member

Sweet. That's exactly what I'm after! I already had the dipstick swapped out -- My 305 originally had the dipstick touching the firewall, and I kept the replacement when I switched to the 350.

Heh, these trucks run well, and the parts are cheap...But the designers could *really* use a good beating.

-Al.

6. Logan

Logan Registered Member

Ouch! $86 bucks Canadian for a new one. Junkyard here I come!

-Al.