Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil leak and Oil pressure pblm!!! HELP

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazer88k5, Jul 19, 2003.

1. blazer88k5

blazer88k5 1/2 ton status

88 k5 350. Oil leak right above the oil filter. Coming from a fitting that has a round over around it. about 3 inches high and 2 inches round. cover does pop of but I cant see what is under it??? wire coming from the top of it and into the same place the O2 sensor wire is going. Cant find anything about this in the Hayes book. My guess would be for the oil pressure sensor. Which would explain the oil pressure fluctuating. (spell check that lol) How di i replace this?? any one else now about this little thing or waht it is exactly??? Thanks

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

That sounds like the oil pressure sender...you engine has TWO oil press. sensors...one behind the distributor and one above the oil filter...the one behind the dist is for the ECM (it is a switch that will cut power to the fuel pump if OP is less than 4psi...The one you referenced that is above the filter is for the gauge..Just go get a new sender and screw the old one out and replace w/ a new one...I believe it screws into like 1/2 or 3/8"NPT hole in the block...

Chris

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Yup, what he said. Cheap and easy.

4. blazer88k5

blazer88k5 1/2 ton status

sweet... heading over to autozone right now.... open till 1am!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. 78GMCJIMMY

78GMCJIMMY 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gifCheck out the little man peein' on the ford emblem!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gifLMAO huh-huh-huh!! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifWhere the hell did you find that at?? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif