Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil leak fixed.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sdavid, Apr 26, 2003.

1. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

I have an '87 K5 with the TBI 350 and when I went out this morning there was a small puddle of oil under it. I crawled under it and it is leaking off of some small canister(?) right above the oil filter. It has a fitting that comes out of the block directly to it. It is not an oil cooler. At the top of the canister there is a wire that hooks to it. Is this the oil sending unit or part of it? My oil pressure gauge doesn't work and the previous owner gave me the sending unit to fix it and it does not look like this other part.

What is this? What do I need to replace to fix this damn leak?

***New oil sending unit/oil pressure switch replaced and no more leak and the gauge works again. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

Re: Oil Leak! Where is it coming From? Help!

can you snap a pic of it?

3. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

No, I am digitally challenged. I have had an oil sending unit go out before on a 400SB and it seemed to do the same thing, but I am not sure on a TBI with all the electronic sensors.

4. BlazinRojo

BlazinRojo 1/2 ton status

just to clear up, I'm pretty sure that the switch you're describing cuts the ignition if the oil pressure dissappears....I'm not positive....but I'm pretty sure that's its function. hell, if my computer was still hooked up to the fuel and ignition....i'd test it and find out...but I prefer to give the finger to the C.A.R.B. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif