Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil leak help. PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BamBamblazer, Aug 17, 2003.

1. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

Ok i have a sbc that i have an oil leak on and i cant figure it out. I had the tranny replaced and told the guy to fix the leak, as i thought it was just the sending unit. He told me that it wasnt the sending unit it was the intake, So i replaced the intake(mainly cause i wanted to) and i am pretty sure i got it sealed. Still got the leak!! So since its on the back of the motor i cant realy see where it is coming from, so i stuck my hand back there. The only oil i can feel, seems to be below the heads? So i guess my question is has anyone ever heard of both head gaskets leaking oil? I have been around sbc's all my life and have never seen this. The k5 runs fine other than the damn edelbrock carb needing adjusted. No mixing of fluids , so i am lost. HELP!!!!!

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

If you replaced the distributor gasket when you did the intake and neither of them are leaking then the only other thing it could be is valve covers. If your heads were leaking it would be more than oil

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

try wiping everything down,then get a mirror and have someone else start the truck. maybe you can see were it's coming from . i created my own leak two weeks ago ,i was trying to run it on the old rotten gas and fouled the plugs. so i got a coffee can full of gas and sucked it through the pickup .well after about two gallons of gas in 30 seconds i realized were it was going, ( in the oil pan-IDIOT). so i changed the oil an fired her up on the junk gas an saw oil spraying on the starter from the pan gasket /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif now i have to change an oil pan gasket on a new crate engine with 6 miles on it. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. Erich_in_AZ

Erich_in_AZ 1/2 ton status

[quotei created my own leak two weeks ago ,i was trying to run it on the old rotten gas and fouled the plugs. so i got a coffee can full of gas and sucked it through the pickup .well after about two gallons of gas in 30 seconds i realized were it was going, ( in the oil pan-IDIOT). so i changed the oil an fired her up on the junk gas an saw oil spraying on the starter from the pan gasket /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif now i have to change an oil pan gasket on a new crate engine with 6 miles on it. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[homersimpson] D'oh! [/homersimpson]

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif