Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil Leak

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bruiser, Jun 29, 2000.

1. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

Trying to track down a leak maybe you guys can give me some insight. On mechanical pump does the oil actually get into the fuil pump mechanism. Reason I ask is I have an oil leak and it seems to be coming from the motor mount around after pressure washing and running it then looking I found it dripping on the front part of the bolt that holds the two motor mount pieces together and oil running down my D44 (serious leak 1qt a weak) I can't see any oil coming from heads, a little wet around oil pan gasket but is there enough pressure in there to shoot it out onto the motor mount/fuel pump area? I also have a oil build up on top of the fuel pump where the two peices are stamped together, so if oil is allowed to get inside the mechanism of the fuel pump I may be get it pushed out around this . Anybody have any insights? Also the block is dry about motor mount and around fuel pump mount.

Vincent Michels
    1978 Blazer
    Bruiser (Frost white/Black top/ Light Blue interior)