Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil leaks???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mr_beer, Dec 1, 2004.

1. mr_beer

mr_beer 1/2 ton status

I have a 79 350 that I rebuilt a year ago and ever since the rebuild the rear main has been leaking. Its not a big leak just a PITA leak. I'm getting ready to put my sm465 in next week and I want to change while I'm that close.

Does anybody have any tips or advice on changing the two piece seal? I don't want to do this a 3rd time.

The first time it was on a stand and I screwed it up so I really need some advice. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

It's not hard at all I did mine while I was @ work! Just be sure the lip goes the right way on the seal! I also changed to a one peice rubber gasket on the pan it was much easier that the cork!!!