Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil Pan and Gasket

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Stylzz, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Stylzz

Stylzz Registered Member

The old guy that I purchased the Blazer from had let it sit for a long time and the pan started to rust out. I have lived with it for over a year now but it seams to be leaking more oil lately. So I am going to change the Pan and gasket and also the valve cover gaskets. Just wondering if someone can give me directions on droping the pan. I think I know what I'm doing but just figured it wouldn't hurt to get some advice. Also, where to buy the pan, and what kind of gaskets should I use?
    1980 K5, Stock 350, TH350-205.
    Thanks,
    Joe

2. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Well to change the pan it's pretty easy, Just drain the oil and take out all of bolts there should be four 1/2 and the rest of them 7/16. For a gasket the Felpro Gaskets are good to get there is a one piece oil pan gasket that would good to use as well. You should beable to fine this stuff at your local parts store or a Speed shop or you could go to Summit Racing And look around their site Hope this helps some

Eric