Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil Pan Fell Off

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Peeeeetah, Oct 30, 2000.

1. Peeeeetah

Peeeeetah Newbie

I spent all weekend about 3 weeks ago fixing my oil pan. After about 15 hours invested, I forgot to seel it with RTV. So I took it to a shop. $350.00 latre, I pick it up in the rain. I drove it home after they had been workeng on it about 4 hours earlier, in the rain, and it started dripping oil. I took the receet back to the shop, and they said that since I sined the reciept, they would not fix the leak. I have spent SOOOO much monney on this truck, and it leaks oil, won't start right, and blows blue smoke out the exhaust. I'm just gladd I got the whole thing cromed by a profesonal shoppe. At least it looks good.
    -Peeeetah

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

What kind of bull is that? Since you signed the recipt, they aren't liable? I guess that means that is they forgot to tighten the drain plug and the oil came out and your engine siezed up that it wouldn't be their fault either? I'd tell them that they better fix that damn leak or they would have some problems on their hands. My Blaze is down at the mechanic right now with a blown tranny. The mechanic rebuilt it 27000 miles ago and he knows he messed something up. He's had it for a week and still hasn't even tried to pull it into the garage. Luckily I just bought that Monte Carlo and don't need it now. I think that I'll just keep bugging him to check it out and hope that he gets worried about what he did to it. Can you believe the things people do to try and get out of admitting they screwed up?

[​IMG]http://www.ncclassics.com

3. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Dude, it doesn't matter if you what you signed, if it wasn't fixed right the first time, they should stand behind their work and fix it again. I would take it back and inform them that if they don't fix it, (not that I am sue happy, cause I'm not) you are going to seek legal council.
    My father owned a shop till the day he died and he always stood behind his work to keep the customer happy, even sometimes when he shouldn't have.

blazen91

4. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Your dad was a good man. Wish there were more people like him around. I've been taking my vehicles to the same mechanic for 4 years(which equates to about a thousand times)and I've decided that after this tranny crap that I am going to find a different mechanic. He does good work(most of the time), but he is not one to accept responsibility. If only there were more good mechanics around....

[​IMG]http://www.ncclassics.com

5. Logan

Logan Registered Member

Is it really that big a deal to change the oil pan? On my last trip the shop, the guy said I should get a new pan -- it's old & rusty, and oil is starting to seep through. I was planning on this being a ~$200 repair...Am I that far off?

-Al.

6. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Talk to them again, or better yet, call your local BBB. All the mechanic shops that I have seen (at least here in Texas), have a 90 day warranty on labor. That is total BS, I would be asking for them to fix it as well as lost time from work, etc., since they don't want to fix it. Good luck, and tell us how it works out. - Steve</font color=blue>

<font color=blue>Steve Sosa a.k.a. "sosaman"</font color=blue>
    http://sosaman.home.texas.net/carpics.html

7. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

8. Peeetah

Peeetah Registered Member

If I were u.....

And It appears I am almost, I would look at the back of the of the bill. It must have some kind of warrenty on it. Now, How did we choose such similiar names? You must be a Peter and I am guessing Peeeeetah is a nickname people you know call you. Thats how I got my name. Ohh Well.

Peter Schneider
    (Peeetah) 3 e's
    81 Jimmy

9. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i hate it when i dont have the time to fix something myself or cant.....because i hate mechanics.....

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

10. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Tell him you don't want to have to get the BBB involved, but you may have no choice. It worked for me with 4WP.

90K5

11. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

The BBB will only work if the shop is a member(I know....my mommy works there!!!)

blazen91