Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil Pan Problum Fixxed!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Peeetahh, Oct 31, 2000.

1. Peeetahh

Peeetahh Newbie

Well, I brought the JIMMY back into the shoppe that scrooed me over last week. (Remember, in the rain) And I said that I would call the BBB on thier asses if they diddnot fix my oil pan. The managre looked undre the JIMMY and said that I had messd with their work, (I did try and loosen the nuts, pry the pan loose, and squeeze a lil RTV in the gap) BUT that he wood offer me a CREDIT for future work. So I signed a waiver that said that I have $200.00 of FREE work from their shop. Sweet deal huh??? Thanks for all the help fellas.
    -Peeetahh

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

i had the same problem with a tranny shop myself..spent $1200.00 on a tranny rebuild only to have it explode with only a quarter mile on it (the length of my driveway at the time).pulled tranny back out and took it back. they said i had abused it by offroading it or something of the sorts.. told me it'd cost another $1600.00 to fix this time cause more stuff was broken,,severly. then i asked them why they left a loose bolt in my valve body and why it was now in the bottom of my oil pan. the mechanic seemed to leave that part out when he looked at it the second time!!!!! needless to say i got a free rebuild out of the deal but couldn't swindle 'em into installing it for me!!!!!bastards!!hope all goes well for you

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

seriously dude, I think you got ripped. Because the next time you go back, a 200 dollar job is gonna be a 400 dollar job. So they get paid anyway. You should have insisted they fix what they did not fix properly in the first place. so after you get ripped off again on your next free job. what are they going to do???? Give you a credit again???? Avoid incompetent mechanics, don't agree to have people who already screwed up, have another chance to screw up by doing more work on your ride.......just my .02cents........I really hate seeing good people get their hard earned dollars taken.........js

4. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Dito with JimmyDie6.2.

blazen91

5. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    I don't even like some-one else changing my oil.

[​IMG]<font color=green>BobK<font color=green>