Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil Pan Replacement

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tremor, Mar 21, 2004.

1. tremor

tremor Registered Member

How difficult is changing the oil pan on an '85 Blazer? The engine is a 305. crossmembers to remove? Is there anything else that should be done while I'm in there? Pickup tube maybe? Oil pump? Any brands or styles I should avoid or look for?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Very easy to change, nothing to remove other than the pan itself. Do yourself a favor though and buy the one piece oil pan gasket. It is about $25.00 but well worth every penny of frustration you will save yourself.

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Very easy to change, nothing to remove other than the pan itself. Do yourself a favor though and buy the one piece oil pan gasket. It is about $25.00 but well worth every penny of frustration you will save yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]
    2nd that pan gasket!!
    If you have an auto tranny and have the big aluminum converter cover with the rods going to it, You may have to take the rods off to give you some room. but Other than that, they will just about fall out!

4. tremor

tremor Registered Member

There does look to be a lot of room under there. Sweet. I appreciate the one piece gasket tip too. So there is no need to change the oil pickup tube? -Steve