Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil press. sending unit location?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jarheadk5, Mar 15, 2001.

1. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

OK, just got a nice Autometer oil pressure gauge. The oil pressure sending unit is the little canister-looking thing with 2 wires plugged into it just above where the oil filter mounts, right?? Just want to make sure before I go tearing into this...

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

You are correct sir! Might wanna put some RTV on the threads of your new one just to be extra sure, unless autometer has some sealer already on the threads.

3. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

Was your gauge peggin past 60 psi??? I've noticed on my '91 that it does that when I lift or am going uphill on interstate. Seems fine otherwise (best I can tell) so I figure the gauge itself is ok. I know the right diagnosis is to us a mechanical guage to check oil pressure but my guess is a new sending uint. How much did yours cost? I thought this was discussed lately but my search of the site didn't turn anything up.

[​IMG]
    <font color=red>David, '86 & '91 K5</font color=red>
    Forever missing Dale Earnhardt, who drove over more Fords than we could ever dream of

4. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

$45 from Summit. The stock gauges have always been a little weird, so I'm slowly replacing them with Autometers, important ones first (oil press, trans temp).

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!