Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

oil pressure fluctuating?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by emoo99, Jan 20, 2003.

1. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

when i start my truck in the morning my oil pressure on my 350 is at around 30.. then when i start driving it it drops a notch to i think it's like 15 or 20, then it will go back to 30 then a little above.. lately it's been staying below 30 for a while.. is it normal for the oil gauge to do this? if not what causes it?

2. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

could be three or more things, 1 bad gauge, 2 bad sender, 3 bad bearing. id start with the cheap ones first, sender and then gauge. check the connector on the sender for dirt or corrosion. and things along those lines

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I would say don't worry about it. Those numbers are fine. Even the fluctuation isn't too bad. My engine runs right around 45 psi, but gets weird sometimes and goes up to, and over, 60. But, I'm convinced it's the sending unit, not the actual oil pressure jerking around so much.

4. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

add a quart oil...thats what i do /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    Ryan