Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil Pressure Gauge

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by caryhenry, Feb 23, 2003.

1. caryhenry

caryhenry Registered Member

Ever since i got my k5 last year, the oil pressure gauge hasn't worked properly. The gauge reads anywhere from 15 to 40 psi, but it never moves after being turned on. wherever the gauge is when the engine starts is where it stays(usually around 35 psi). I want to replace the sending unit, but I don't know where it is on my engine. Can someone please tell me where to find the sending unit on an 85 305.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Believe they are all on the drivers side right near the distributor, kind of bell shaped. At least mine is on the '74 motor I have.

3. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

On my 83 it's above the oil filter.

4. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Believe they are all on the drivers side right near the distributor, kind of bell shaped. At least mine is on the '74 motor I have.

[/ QUOTE ]
    if its not identical to yours, its very close, it'll be in the back near the distributor, not the easiest thing to get to, but not horrid. i couldnt get mine to work at all, so i trashed the electronic one and went for the old style mechanical guage...
    all i had to do was run the oil line through the firewall and mount the guage....of course i'm lazy so to mount it i just shoved it in the ashtray at an angle....