Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil Pressure Guage

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bdkmiller, Aug 2, 2002.

1. bdkmiller

bdkmiller Registered Member

Hi,

Just got my first K5, a '72 in very nice shape. However it needs a little bit of work. The oil pressure guage is not hooked up & I am not clear how this is done. There is a sending unit in the engine but it appears to be electrical & as far as I can tell the guage is mechanical. I have the tube from the guage but I can't see where to connect it.
    Can anyone point me in the correct direction?
    Thanks,
    Brian in NH

2. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

The tube connects to the normal oil pressure sender port that is behind the intake a little to the drivers side from the distributor. If someone has installed a later model engine, they may not have swapped the fitting that you need to hook up the tube into the new engine when it was installed.

3. bdkmiller

bdkmiller Registered Member

Does this mean it does not connect to the sending unit? It is possible that this is not the original engine.
    Thanks,
    Brian

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

the stock gauge didn't use a sender as it's a mech. gauge.

5. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

engine temp has a sending unit on the passenger side head.like it was said here.the is a fitting on the back of the engine next to the distributor that the tube coming from the oil pressure guage is supposed to hook into.shouldnt cost much for a new tube and fitting from an auto parts store,as long as the guage still works /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

I replaced mine with a copper tubing kit. You can find one at most auto parts stores and they come with several different fittings that will work on most guages.