Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

oil pressure line.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 68MUDSTUD, Aug 24, 2006.

1. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

im putting in a new factory tach gauge cluster into my 71 blazer, anyone know where i could get a new oil pressure line? thanks guys, (and gals) its appreciated. oh yeah, i checked chevy duty (Classic parts) and LMC. nothing there, i googled it and everything... couldnt find anything.

2. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

3. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

My factory gauge has a steel line with about 3 coils in it, to absorb engine movement/vibration. I would look at steel brake lines, for a replacement.

4. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

do you know where i could get one? my dad just told me that if i order a new oil sending unit that itll come with the line and fittings on it... is it true or is he just yankin my chain?

5. 3 on the tree

There is no "sending unit" for a mechanical oil gauge. Just a brass fitting that screws into the block. You could probably get a plastic oil line from a parts store, just bring your gauge and block fitting so you get the correct size parts.

6. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

just go to a parts store, i bought a set that has copper line so it won't be affected by heat like the plastic line and it had all the fittings that were needed to run a new line to your gague

7. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

or you can go to orielly and get just the copper tube from autometer and its 13 bucks here in texas it comes with all new fittings and everything, perfect replacement. its bright yellow by the gauges

but speaking fo the iol line, on my 85 350, i bought a set of those gauges, temp oil and volts. where do i put the oil line into, do i just pull the whole metal deal sticking out of the back of the block and use the new fittings or do i use the "unit" already attached?

8. 3 on the tree

If you put a "T" fitting in the block, you can run both gauges.:D