Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil pressure sender for 6.2? Advance has no listing...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by uglytruk, Mar 14, 2006.

1. uglytruk

uglytruk 1/2 ton status

IN A JUNKYARD, UNDER A TRUCK*N E Rust Belt
    My guage is all over the place, so I called Advance AP and all they have is a listing for a relay. Checked several years, (mine's an '87), Notin'. I know a "real" guage is better, but no time... GM wants $55 for the guage sender! Any place on the 'net with prices, so as not to bug the dealer? :rolleyes:

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I got one at Schucks, (cskauto.com) not sure where you are, but you could always check them out online.

Did you also check the sender part number at gmpartsdirect.com? Going to be cheaper than a dealer.

Napa is also a good place to check out, their "Echlin" catalog lists all sorts of good stuff, like resistance, how stuff is wired internally, etc. I do know that the diesel senders are 80PSI units, and they are 0-120ohms or something like that, unlike the 0-90 60psi gas units.

3. uglytruk

uglytruk 1/2 ton status

IN A JUNKYARD, UNDER A TRUCK*N E Rust Belt
    Thanks, found GM part #, then Advance found it, OPS68. $15. Sheesh