Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

oil pressure sending unit

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by burban33, Feb 23, 2003.

1. burban33

burban33 Registered Member

I have a 1989 burban. I was trying to install the oil pressure sending unit for a autometer gauge and i am having a little trouble. I checked the top of the block near the distributor but could not find the factory sending unit. The only sending unit i saw had three wires. i didn't have the best light either though. Does anybody have a diagram or anything like that so i could get a better idea of the exact location. i haven't been able to get under the hood much lately because of the weather (way too cold in vermont for a geargia boy) so i didn't have the light and time to really look so any help would be greatly apreciated.

2. Langosta39

Langosta39 1/2 ton status

My '86 has the oil pressure sender on the drivers side of the block in front. It is about mid way up the block and on the extreme driver's side.

andy

3. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

I believe that from 87 to 95 (pre vortec) there are 2 sending units. O for the gauge and one for the computer. They r on the rear drivers side part of the block. Not sure which is which.

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

That's the sending unit for your coolant temp gauge.

The oil pressure sending unit is on the back of the block, driver's side, near the distributor - just keep looking, you'll see it, it's just really tucked back there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. burban33

burban33 Registered Member

the coolant temp sensor is on the front and easy to see. I'm guessing the easiest way to get to it is from the top, I do have access to a lift but the lighting is bad. the only sending unit i could find on the back of the block to the right of the distributor had a 3 wire plug????? I am confused and i just want my gauge to work right. it is a pain to crawl in the engine compartment in the cold with bad lighting and a lifted truck.