Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil pressure sending unit

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blazinaire, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

My oil pressure gauge likes to fluctuate between 2 psi /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif and 60+ /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif at pretty much all speeds and never runs any different so it's pretty safe to say that the sending unit is bad...

I bought a new sending unit and consulted my chilton's manual and can't find a darn thing about replaceing it... It's probably not hard to do and I could probably figure it out without the book IF I COULD JUST FIND IT!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Any help on finding this thing or pointers on replaceing it are appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thanks in advance, Jay

2. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Is your truck an '87? I think it is behind the intake manifold, screwed into a elbow like thing screwed into the top of the block. Kind of a pain to get to, thanks GM engineers!

3. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

Yep should be behind the distributor, behind the intake sticking out of the block on a 90 degree elbow. Pretty easy to change even when your 200 miles from home at 2:30 am in the dark in macdonalds parking lot.

4. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

it may be different with the fuel injection, this is mine on my 86. pic is about 8th post down...

sending unit on my 86