Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

oil pressure switch

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fright89, Mar 11, 2003.

1. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

i am still working on a no power to fuel pump problem
    Can i bypass the oil pressure switch? tried taking the old one out but it is frozen in there. I sprayed rust desolver all over it and will try again in a little while.

2. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Make sure you have oil pressure. If it is a one wire switch, then it probably grounds out so to bypass it ground out the wire. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

If the pickup coil in the distributor or distributor module goes out on these trucks, the fuel pump will not turn on. It prevents flooding the engine. That ended up being my problem. Don't forget to check the fuse for your ECM.

4. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I had the same problem as 89Sub did, only on a 90 GMC 1/2 ton pickup. Drove me CRAZY until I finally read the right book and figured out what it was. I replaced a coil and a fuel filter... and spent about 3hrs under the hood with a multimeter trying to find the damn problem....