Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

oil pressure......where should i be?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hoppy, Feb 16, 2004.

1. hoppy

hoppy Registered Member

Aug 20, 2002
    1994 blazer with a 5.7liter fuel injected.
    since ive owned the vehicle alittle over three years...it has a hair over 100,000 miles on her.
    since i have had it ive noticed the oil pressure gage would drop to about 1/4 when coming to a stop. when i accelerate it goes back up to 1/2 or just over. my question is this......should it drop like that? there are no signs of oil leaks.....oil level is good. truck runs like a top. a guy i know who knows alot about cars noticed this the other day and questioned it. what do you guys think? should i be concerned? what would cause this. i should also note that there is the rair time that it stays about 1/2 when at a stop. any ideas.....im no mechanic.
  2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Sep 9, 2001
    thats fine, all you need to have is 10psi per 1k rpm. At idle you have around 15 if its at 1/4 and ur only turning oh say 6-700 rpm. Plenty of pressure. Just when it hits 0 and goes knock knock you have probs......ask me how i know /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif