Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil pump ???'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Kamots, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Kamots

Kamots Registered Member

Oil pump ???\'s

Hello all, i was driving down the highway today in wet weather btw, an watched my oil pressure gauge go from 30 slowly down to 0 an then back up again, it did this 3 times. So im wondering a few things, (1) will the computer shut the fuel pump down like ive been told it will do if it senses the loss of pressure? (2) Could a sensor possibly have gotten wet an cause this? (3) HELP??? i really dont want to trash the motor till i get my stroker rolling..... ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!!!! TIA!

Kamots

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Re: Oil pump ???\'s

I have had a lot of the sensors go bad in many of my GM vehicles. It will twitch like an epileptic staring at a strobe light. Jumping from 0 psi to off the chart, and everything in between. Then eventually it craps out and reads 0 all the time.

Never heard of the fuel pressure thing...

3. Kamots

Kamots Registered Member

thanks for the response, i would just hate myself for killing a perfectly good motor before its time...lol
    Big plans i tell yea.... i have big plans....muahahahah!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

In actuality, there is a oil pressure switch the senses oil pressure and keeps the fuel pump going (so long as there is oil pressure) in the event that the fuel pump relay were to go bad on you. Just the opposite of what you have heard.

5. Kamots

Kamots Registered Member

wow thanx for the clarification my friend, that could have been a costly faux pas. Anyway i was reading you have a 89 with a STROKER!!!!! SWEET mine is a 87 an was thinking of a stroker for my engine swap, what all did you have to do to it? if you dont mind me asking....

Kamots