Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

oil senders

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by vortec, Jun 19, 2006.

1. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

my reman engine has the port where the oil switch goes near the oil filter) plugged and i can't seem to budge it. i'm twisting allen wrenches trying. who here runs without the switch? also, i was thinking of just running a "T" or "Y" fitting from the top of the block, where the sender goes, and letting the oil sender and switch share the port. thoughts?

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

On my motor that is the sender for the gauges. The one near the distro is the switch. Not sure though if it was that way from the factory. No telling what the PO did to it.

3. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

that may be the case. i'll put it this way, the one that looks like a brass bulb is on top, and the 2-prong slender one is near the filter. this is an 82, btw.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

lots of times reman shops need to use a brazing tip in the oxy/act tourch to heat up the plugs to get them to move at all. best leeve it alone and tee it some where else.

5. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

a wise suggestion, but i read it after the fact. oh well. problem solved. for anyone else with a similar issue, i was worried i'd strip the plug (it goes along with my specialty of bolt snapping), so i used a normal rachet for decent lererave, but used a few extensions so they flexed a little, instead of putting all the stress on the plug. worked great, but i was still very careful.