Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil Slicks??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TSGB, Sep 11, 2004.

1. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I've read in a magazine (I think it was FHM) that the company which armors the Presidential fleet also has other options... Underbody grenade protection /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif, smoke screens (don't most Chevy's have those in their exhaust???), and an oil slick dispenser in the rear bumper to deter pursuit. While it was mentioned that this option was illegal in the USA, I was wondering...

Would a standard winshield washer fluid pump have the ability to pump oil through a tube/sprayer in the rear bumper?

No, I don't plan on putting it into practice /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif; just curious, and eager to hear the technical side of this!

2. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

I really doubt it. Mine dont even have enough power to spray washer fluid to the top half of my windshield /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I thought about it-- these don't use valves at all, but depend on gravity to keep the fluid from just leaking out (right?). So that means one would have to find another system. I was thinking about a sort of dumping tank... /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

4. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

It seems to me that this is a little more than just a thought in your mind /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    James

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I think it would. If not, a fuel pump would work.

Of course windshield squirters make great sprayers for bleach to smoke your tires, or "trac bite" to make them grip if you're hacking something together. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

bleach???

7. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Probably not. Oil has too high a viscosity for it to spray out of the same nozzle. Your better off using a inline fuel pump from a diesel truck (self priming) which will build 5-7 psi, then adding it to some "larger" nozzles. A good larger nozzle would be a bar type sprinkler (the one with a row of holes). Other than that, you need a few gallons of oil (old motor oil works, but vegetable oil is more environmentally friendly), and coolant is another quick substitute, its pretty slick too on concrete, but not nearly as good as oil. The reason oil works better is that it tends to stick to the wheel for a longer period of time, increasing the possibility of causing a slide out.

Underbody grenade protection used to be just a plate of steel, but I believe nowadays they use kevlar sandwiched between steel or some other material.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I would love to see someone put it into practice and the ass kicking that would entail...................... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Bleach is for smoke. add a small fitting in behind the cat, and then hook that up to your window washer fluid pump. (with a high temp hose of course). Then squeese away!

People used to do that to do proper burn outs on their tires. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

BTW, none of you are acutally gonna do this right? RIGHT?

I dont want to be behind any of you when you start doing any of this!

10. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I'm the kind of person who would look at all the information for something like this, draw plans, make fittings, and then realize I don't have the money for it. I've learned to stop before I start!

This topic is just for fun and discussion.

Or is it? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

11. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Bubba- Any idea of the legal ramifications of this???

1: Having the equipment for show?
    2: Actually using the stuff on the road?

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Oil, dangerous substance which could cause accidents. Also environmental hazard.

Do it somewhere controlled like the driveway or dragstrip and use something that is a little better than oil.

13. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Lol, I dont mind if you build one, but you better only use it in an emergency (Like some wacko is trying to run you off the road).

Vegetable oil, bio degradable. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Motor oil, bad for environment. I guess you *could* try astro glide or KY jelly too. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Its safe for rubber and its water based... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Oil, dangerous substance which could cause accidents. Also environmental hazard.

Do it somewhere controlled like the driveway or dragstrip and use something that is a little better than oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

14. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

my windsheild washer wont even squirt /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

15. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I dont even have a windshield washer /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

16. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

You never did the NYC cabby method? I see it all the time- they just open the window, start spritzing the windex, and turn on the wipers.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My windshield washer is a 2.5 gallon gas can and has a toggle switch so I can leave it on. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    bleach???

[/ QUOTE ]
    YOU PUT A WASHER PUMP IN THE TRUNK WITH A HOSE GOING TO EACH FENDER ABOVE THE REAR TIRES AND HAVE A RESERVOIR FILLED WITH BLEACH AND HIT THE SWITCH TO BLEACH YOUR TIRES WHILE LIGHTING THEM UP. IT IS AN OLD STREET RACERS TRICK IT MAKES YOUR TIRES HOT AND STICKY SO WHEN THE LIGHT TURNS GREEN YOU GET INSTANT TRACTION AND THE OTHER GUY DON'T /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

A guy I knew hated tailgaters--he used to have a spare vaccuum hose hooked to manifold vacuum lying on the floor of his cab--when some boob would start tailgating him,he would pick up the hose,pull the pencil he had stuck in it out,and inserted it into a 1 qt.container of used motor oil or diesel fuel--presto--no more tailgater!He once nearly got arrested when he backed his truck up to a dance hall,and ran a vacuum cleaner hose from his tailpipe to an open window,because he found out his girlfriend had snuck out on him to go dancing with another guy!.He really smoked the place out bad!. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif