Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oil Undercoating Shops near NH/MA?

Discussion in 'New England Region' started by Greg72, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Hey,

Anyone know of a shop that can do oil undercoating to winterize my vehicle??

The only game in town here is Toles Undercoating in Walpole, NH but the guy is working on about a 3-week backlog of customers.....

Esslingers in Alstead, NH went out of business so that's no longer an option.

Post up if you know any.... they will be salting the roads before you know it!!!! :usaflag:

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

do it youself!...

I do my own trucks---I use an old paint spray gun,or one of those cheep sandblasting guns they sell in discount stores for 15 bucks..its a messy crappy job,but it does help keep salt induced rust at bay..

I use drain oil from my diesel pickup--it sticks better and the soot protects longer than plain drain oil from gas engines do..it makes working on the truck a messy sucky job,but at least its still there to fix,and the bolts will actually come out,and dont have a head like a rivet!..sucks doing it without a lift though...

Linseed oil works well too,but can cost you some...mud racers trick,coat everything with Linseed oil,then the mud washes right off easily..it stays on quite a while...

There used to be a garage in Fitchburg MA,where I grew up, that sprayed your drain oil on the underside of your car,but I think its long gone now..the owner did it so he wouldn't have barrels of used oil to dispose of,and ended up doing his customers a favor!..but I recall him being fined for letting oil drip off cars in his lot,and it running into sewers and eventually the Nashua river!..but peoples cars he worked on didn't rot out the rockers and rear quarters like those that weren't "well oiled"...:crazy:

3. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I know of one right here in VT but maybe that's not what you call close.

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm getting desperate! The only one I knew of is no longer taking appointments for this season. That leaves me with ZERO options and I don't want to drive another winter without some rudimentary salt protection....

Post up a name and/or number if you have it. I may have to bomb up there some afternoon...!!!!

5. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Bills place, you've been there.

6. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I`ll check down around here....Is this a good thing to do? I`ve never heard of it...would be good for my truck, as i`m driving it all winter, and there not so skimpy on the salt in these parts:eek1: