Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OIL!!! we all need it.

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '72brett, Jan 28, 2003.

1. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

hey guys, im hear to let ya in on a little secret of mine.
    If anyone is looking for a great oil (proven best in MANY tests) go to http://www.archeroil.com/ It is a little pricy, but well worth it. I have been using it on and older engine that wasnt in very good shape, when I took it apart, the heads looked like they have been hot-tanked. I sent in a sample for an oil analysis. I dont have the specs for you now, but they were much better than any other oil I have ver used. I have talked with a dealer, and he says there is no better oil. John Deere oil come closest to it on the analysis, but wont beat it. CHECK it out guys. It may save you a lot of hassles some day. Please let me know if any of you are using it now or are interested in using it.

2. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

Although you didn't come out & say that you were a dealer for this oil, it does appear that you are trying to sell your products here. If you want to advertise on CK5, you have to pay the advertising fee.

http://coloradok5.com/advertise.shtml Click here to see the fees.

3. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

naw, im 17, I work in a deli part time. I not trying to sell, I could care less if anyone used it. I think its great oil. I just giving the same opportunity to the rest of you.

4. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

Ok then I apologise for jumping to conclusions. I gues if I would have clicked on the link, I could have figured that out.

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

mind if I share my opinion? Ok thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Oil is one of thoes items I don't spend alot of money on. I don't buy the 79c a qt. cheep stuff eather but I am allways changing my oil so in my opinion as long as the oil gets swapped out regularly it should never be a concern. So Valvaline, Pensoil, Castrol, etc.. work just fine. It's kinda like the sparkplug hype, 6bucks a plug is like...doing what again?? Ya know the Rapid Fire, Split Fire, etc...I'll stick with the 2buck ones and swapum out once a year.
    Sorry just my weak .02c worth.

7. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I'm with Burt on the oil. If ou change it regularly, there is no need to put in a high-dollar oil, with the exception of manufacturer-specified oils (such as the rather expensive Castrol Syntorq LT that is mandatory for use in the New Venture 4500 and 5600 transmissions or the Mobil-1 that is mandatory in the LS-1 and LS-6).

That said, the oil with the fewest additives will lubricate the best (ther additives are not what lubricates things, only the oil does that). Excessive amounts of detergents, viscosity improvers, etc. can actually lead to breakdown of the oil.

8. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

if you want your engine oil to last convert your gasoline engine to natural gas or propane. the gasoline is the major contaminant of engine oil (and heat). it's that little extra gas that seeps in through the piston rings. you can run your same oil on a natural gas powered engine up to 3times as long. correct me if i'm wrong.

ARQ.

9. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

Any good sites on changing over to natural gas or propane. Any Hp loss? I've read some sites about it but they seem to be really vauge? (sp?)

Thanks Shane - /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif