Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OK, a MAJOR grip of mine,i think you'll agree.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Jun 21, 2006.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

people who go places spreading viruses.:angry1: my kid has been sick with a cold more times this year than the first 4 years of of his life!and eventually the wife gets it then I do.:mad: WHY THE HELL ARE PEOPLE SO LAZY!!if your kid is sick stay the hell home,so what if you miss the play!!!I think it should be a criminal offense.just cuz you don't have a baby sitter why should the rest of us suffer????AND get sick!!if you can't have a kid and work at the same time then take the day off when the nipper is sick.

2. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I don't have kids, but I can sure relate. Whenever someone is sick at my work, I'm like GO HOME!!! NO ONE WANTS YOUR COOTIES!

If I'm sick, I'll work from home rather than go in and risk getting all my co-workers sick.

My brother has 3 kids so when one of them gets sick, it's like a vicious cycle... all the kids, then the parents and then sometimes the kid that was sick first will get it again.:doah:

3. boggerless

EXACTLY!!!!just cuz they have no one to watch thier kids, now they screw everyone else. SO THEY hopefully have someone. don't f**k me up cuz your screwed.and the innocent folks that have no kids get sick cuz of you and yours.STAY HOME OR JUST KEEP YOUR KIDS HOME!!!!!

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Before I had kids, my sick time at work was just piling up like nobodies business and I had time saved out the wazoo. Then I had kids and that sucked some of it away for the birth and to take care of the little ones while the missus recuperated. But, it started really draining away when they got old enough for school. I'd have to call in family sick about twice a month at least because they came home with some kind of grunge that they got from somebody else's kid in their class. Add to that the periodic notices we would get from school that some kid showed up with scabies, lice, etc. and an instructional on how to rid your kid of the heebie jeebies.....

5. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

my daughter got me sick a few days ago it sux!

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Since my kids have started in daycare they have brought home everything this side of ebola.:rolleyes:

7. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Ya, I have heard the horror stories. Lice, colds, chicken pox, etc......

I am not looking forward to those days that lay ahead of me. On the plus side my job I can take Family Sick Leave for when the baby and or wife gets sick.

8. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

I agree with that 100%. And let me ask you, are women as bad in your work place as men are regards the " I never miss a day" machismo attitude ? I really hate that, especially while the dude is coughing all over you while he brags about no sick time off.
    I dont book off every time I have a sniffle, but if I feel really rough, I'm staying home. Life is to short to be at work and feel like death.

9. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

But how are they going to get the perfect attendance ribbon at the end of the year?:doah: :haha:

10. theperfectgarage

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh....:laugh:

11. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

We don't have kids, but my wife is a nurse at a pediatrics practice. You can imagine what happens in the late fall at my house...

You would not believe the number of phone calls they get from parents who are demanding appointments to see the docs about Little Janey or Little Johnny's stuffy/runny/sneezy/fever/chills/headache... but can't accept most of the availale appointment time slots because "I'm at work then" or "Well, (s)he has football/soccer/cheerleading/field hockey/drama practice then".

12. shewheeler

I work in IT so any excuse for a day off works :D however, I think the men in general are much bigger babies when it comes to being sick. I will not let a cold stop me from going to work, but if I'm sick and contagious, I have the option to work from home. It's not really worth exposing everyone because then you end up doing their work when they puss out and call in sick:rolleyes: My company does not have separate vacation and sick time...it's all "paid time off". I'd rather go to work with a sniffle and save my time off for fun :woot:

13. Desert Rat

Well, men like to hibernate away from people when they are sick. They go into their caves and want to be left alone. Women on the other hand just relish the opportunity to either be waited on hand and foot, or commiserate with other women about their ailments. When I am sick I go into my room and it's "Don't touch me, don't talk to me, there is the door, use it". When the missus is sick it's "Can you rub my back? Can you bring me something to drink? Can you fluff the pillows? Oh, and here is a honey do list for you to work on in between coming upstairs and pampering me".

14. shewheeler

But you pamper her because you love her and she deserves it, right?:laugh:
    I live alone, so when I'm sick, it's all for one and one for one around my place. My mom or a friend might drop by with some juice or meds, but no one hangs around cause they don't wanna get sick:crazy:

15. Desert Rat

Oh of course, otherwise you get the couch later...........

16. theperfectgarage

You say the men are babies at your workplace?:thinking: Must be a Ca. thing, out here in Az. all the men are tough as nails... handsome too.:D

17. shewheeler

Probably, most everything else is pussified:wink1:

18. boggerless

heebie jeebies!!!!:haha: :haha: :haha: i use that at work all the time.:laugh:

19. boggerless

THIS IS SO TRUE,i want to post it on my walls.:waytogo: :rotfl: :rotfl:

20. boggerless

thats cuz your not a punk.people learn to be sad sacks when they are sick. my 5 year old just does his thing,a little slower but just the same.