Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ok,,All of you IT guy's

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by wasted wages, Mar 4, 2004.

1. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Ok,,All of you IT guy\'s

I have 2 users at work that have downloaded L.O.P programs on their work stations(PC'S),,,,Is there any thing I can do to get rid of these short of reloading the machine??? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

Re: Ok,,All of you IT guy\'s

what do you mean by LOP?

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Well first thing I would do is fire them peoples... Then I would hire a local computer guru to come in and fix the problems... That's what they are there for. Let them make a living will ya? You can write it off on your taxes...

4. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

lol

what are lop's
    i will tell yo how you rid yourself of them, but i dont know what that abbrev means

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I assume you mean a program from lop.com?

Run "Hijack this" from http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/, find the process that's causing the browser hijacks and popups, do a search on the filename on google until you find the registry keys and file locations that need to be deleted. It can be time consuming but so far I've never failed to eliminate this type of software from a machine. One user at my work had 43 /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif different malware programs installed on her machine, it took 3 hours to clean them off but they never came back.

"CoolWebSearch" used to be one of the worst, but now there's a fix (also on merijn) called CWShredder that fixes it right up. That might actually fix the lop.com problem too.

6. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    what do you mean by LOP?

[/ QUOTE ] Live On Portal,,
    It's a program that hijacks your browser and drops 30-40 imbedded file into your operating system,,,If you don't delete every file the program goes out to the hijack web site and reloads itself on your computer and your back to square one,,,it is a real PITA to rid the system of,,,, most of the time I end up reloading the entire machine,,,,This Sucks!!!!

7. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

oohhhh

id just pop open the registry and check the names of the files that are opening on run, find and delete the bad ones...and do the same in any other place you can stick a file to auto run

not too difficult