Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ok Blew Up My Engine

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1986chevy_rider, Jan 23, 2006.

1. 1986chevy_rider

1986chevy_rider Registered Member

Ok here is the thing I blew my engine after a day of wheelin it was a great day till the drive home. I spun my berrings. Well now here is what I got lined up I got this person that is gonna sell me her 79 k 10 i think that has the 205 and a 400 sittin behind the 350. the only thing is it hasnt run for bout a year. and im plannin on takin all my engine stuff and puttin it on the new one does this sound like itll all work

2. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

sorry to here it died but atleast it had a good last day, why hasnt the engine ran in about a year ? all of the moters i have messed with that ran but parked and forgoten they have all ran great after a little carb cleaning that is i think it would be a great deal. good luck with it. :waytogo:

3. 1986chevy_rider

well the lady just bought a new truck. And as for the carb im puttin on a 650 edelbrock and a weind intake and my old hedders. do you think all of the suspension from a 86 k-10 to a 79 k-10 will match

4. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

i think they will but not 100% sure, i'll ask a freind if no one else knows. i want to say a guy i worked with did a swap like that.

5. 1986chevy_rider

ok thanks well i think that i found out from my buddy who is the local lift kit installer around here and he said itll all just fall right in place. thanks for the help. If you have anything else you think that i should do let me know thanks