Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ok, forget the Blazer - I want to wheel this!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BorregoK5, Aug 26, 2003.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

My family had one. We drove that pig up and down all sorts of "jeep" trails in CO in the early 80's. Same with the VW 412 we had before it. The do quite well. Eventhough they are 2wd most of the weight is on the back It's just about impossible to lift a drive wheel. They are like a dune buggie. They are much lighter then you would think as well so even theough they only have about 110hp it's a reasonable weight to HP ratio.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

wow how did they get such a sick approach and departure angle? I must get the secret...
    [​IMG]
    Astros are much cooler /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. THere are 2 lifted ones running around my area. One has a roof rack, rear rack, front fishing pole holders and always sits at this outdoor store. It looks good. The other is a Conversion van that looks horrible, a thing with ground effects isn't meant to be lifted. My friend has an 89 we put a roller cam TBI 305 in. Its not lifted but it is v8 powered and does smoke off hte right rear like it is its job.

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i wouldnt mind an awd astro van with about 3" of lift and some 30" mud terrains and some boost...