Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ok guys... 411 on cage / frame tie-ins

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TXsizeK5, Sep 17, 2003.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I'm getting closer and closer to having my cage made... I want 2 parts in the rear to bolt to the fender wells kinda like a rolls bar and 4 points in the cab to tie in to the frame. My friend said the cage should be removable for ease and I need some sort of bushing and that its not good to directly bolt or weld? Give me the 411 and pics of your tie ins!

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

well, i have yet to start mine for MANY reasons. but thats another post. im going to use the 6 body mount bolts in the bed and build a square tube frame for the bottom of the bed. it will extend out to the corners of the bed and be hard mounted into the new rocker knockers. im doing a 10 point cage that will include my dash board. this way once i trash this body one of two things can happen. i can remove the cage fairly easily and slide it into a new body, or i can remove the cage and re mount it to the frame for a tube buggy start.
    Grant