Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OK have ? about my York compressor and the fittings...HELP...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by triger, May 30, 2003.

1. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

<font color="green">I am finally getting all the parts together for the onboard air but I am having a problem with the flange fittings that mount right on top of the compressor...On my compressor there is threads, does these fittings go right over the threads? and also seen pics that when you bolt the flange fittings on they are even with the cylinder head...Now where it would bolt down on mine the bolts are rescessed and looks like you would have to use spacers? I just don't want to spend the money on the fittings if they don't match up with my compressor... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I am looking at another pic of the fittings and it says something about tube O fittings. Just wondering maybe that is the one I need cause it looks like it would thread right on? Here are the pics of the fittings...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second one may look like the one I need...Hard to tell from a pic...

T </font>

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

the second one is the one you need. let me know how much you end up spending on them as i need them as well.
    Grant

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

As a side note I used a female pipe thread adapter (I think it was 1/2") and ran it onto the stock flange fitting on my york. I haven't gotten the thing fired up yet but it felt solid. The threads are the same just not tapered. They are steel and the pipe thread brass so it forced on just fine.

If that doesn't work I am just going to drill and tap the head to a pipe thread. The bolt on coversion fittings are just too much $$$ for me.

4. FWP

FWP CRS

Here's a little trick I did on mine. Check the ID of the current fittings you have. Mine just happend to be very close to a 3/8 pipe thread. I drilled em and tapped em with a pipe tap. Regular pipe fittings then thread into the existing A/C fittings. HTH